Holdrege Area Genealogy Club
Our membership dues are $10 per year January through December, no matter when during the year you join. You will receive all four issues of “Phelps Helps” newsletter for that year.
For your information the data below tells about our research policies, publications and membership in Holdrege Area Genealogy Club.
At your request, we can search numerous records, State and Federal Nebraska Censuses and newspapers housed at the Phelps County Museum and numerous records at the Phelps County Courthouse. We charge $7.50 an hour for members and $10 an hour for non members, plus the cost of photocopies and postage. We request you send the number of hours you wish us to research and we will bill you for the photocopies and postage. Make your checks payable to:
Holdrege Area Genealogy Club
Holdrege, NE 68949
You are welcome to place free queries, asking for information on your relatives. You are also welcome to submit a story for the “Phelps Helps” newsletter about your Phelps County relative. We have monthly meetings the last Monday of each month at the Phelps County Museum at 2:00 p.m.
We have an excellent genealogy library housed at the Phelps CountyMuseum. You are welcome to come for a visit anytime and do your own research. We have a wonderful collection of historical documents and publications available for your use, including:
- Holdrege Daily Citizen 1887- Current
- Holdrege Nuget 1883-1887
- Holdrege Progress 1895-1941
- Elm Creek Beacon 1939-1999
Click here for the list. NebrPrairieMuseum microfilm
Books for Sale
The Holdrege Area Genealogy Club has the following books for sale. These books may be purchased at the Nebraska Prairie Museum in Holdrege, Nebraska or they may be ordered from The Holdrege Area Genealogy Club, P.O.Box 164, Holdrege, Nebraska 68949-0164.
- Harlan County Nebraska Cemeteries Vol. 1 from 1876-2001
- Harlan County Nebraska Marriages Vol. 1 from 1873-1936
- Phelps County Nebraska Cemeteries Vol. 1 includes all Phelps County Cemeteries except Prairie Home Cemetery.
- Phelps County Nebraska Cemeteries Vol. 2 contains Prairie Home Cemetery
Cost of each of the above four books is $20.00. Nebraska residents add $1.10 for tax. If shipped to you add $4.00.
- Phelps County Nebraska Marriages Vol. 1 from 22 Apr 1877 to 22 Aug 1923
- Phelps County Nebraska Marriages Vol. 2 from 13 Aug 1923 to 29 May 1976
Cost for each of the above two books is $15.00.Nebraska residents add $ .83 for tax. If shipped to you add $4.00.
- Surname Index Of The Former Residents Of The Christian Orphan’s Home And The Christian Children’s Home of Phelps County, Nebraska 1889 To 1954 With Genealogical Information From Public Records.
Cost $30.00 includes tax: If shipped to you add $4.00. If you were a resident of the Home the cost to you is $25.00 includes tax. If shipped to you add $4.00.
- Harlan County Nebraska Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery Scandinavia Township Includes History, Picture and Cemetery Listing.
Cost is $3.50 that includes tax. If shipped to you add $1.25.