The Bible was commissioned by King George the II of England, in the 1700’s. This Bible was to reflect the Episcopal structure of the Church of England. The Bible was translated by 47 scholars who were members of the church of England.
This particular Bible was the personal Bible of Samuel Plum, who bequeathed the Bible to his only surviving child, Samuel, after his wife, Mary, died August 4, 1749. The family resided in Darby, New Haven, New England, before we became a nation. This area is now part of Connecticut.
The Bible was found in Holdrege, Nebraska, by Ben and Dixie Boell in their home at 1422 East Avenue. It is believed that the previous owner was Wendell Hudson, who was an antique dealer in Holdrege and had lived in the home previously.